New ambient pressure XPS (ESCA) system
System dedicated for ambient pressure XPS/ESCA, UPS experiments.
Gives flexibility of measurements in range 1 mbar -10-10 mbar.
In whole pressure range sample can be cooled to 100 K and heated till 850 K.
The gas provided directly to the sample can by heated till 850 K.
TDS is possible in whole pressure range. System is controlled through dedicated software.
- Ambient pressure chamber 1 mbar- 10-10 mbar
- Differential pumping X-ray monochromator
- Double anode X-ray source
- UV source
- Four pumping stages for main chamber and analyzer
- Integral halogen bakeout of analytical chamber
- Laser heating of sample holder
- Wide range of sample temperature: 100 K - 850 K
- Sample preparation chamber
- High pressure reactor - up to 20 bar
- Intro with preliminary heating
- Gas dosing system with ability of heating and thermal stabilisation
- Sample park chamber which allows storage up to 5 sample holders
- Possibility TDS sample measurement during XPS/ESCA in ambient pressure
Software provides control of the system, visualization of machine state, data acquisition,
possibility to control other devices connected to the system like UV power supply, etc.
System is controlled and protected by PLC controller.
Read an interview with Dr. Chinnakonda S. Gopinath about new ambient pressure XPS (ESCA) system.